Intelligent management of the public transport network service and its passengers to improve urban mobility
Understanding the solution
Focusing on managing the offer of public transportation in real time, the platform was born to help public managers monitor the new movement flows imposed by the development of urbanization. It is a web panel for monitoring and analyzing cities, which concentrates all information on mobility and urban infrastructure, providing important insights and allowing the manager to understand the value of the data for their strategy.
By integrating multiple databases, it presents real-time and historical information that can support end-to-end management, operation and planning of the entire local public transportation system.
The tool has already been implemented in several cities in Brazil, Latin America and Europe, such as São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Santiago (Chile), Montevideu (Uruguay), and Vilnius (Lithuania). Locations where it was a key part in the work of managers to define new public mobility policies, raising the quality of the public transportation service.
Monitored points in the panel
• Vehicle Routes and Position
• Number of vehicles in circulation
• Need for new routes
• Bottleneck points
• Offer oscillation
• Metrics monitoring
• Events and accidents
• Service regularity
By integrating multiple databases, it presents real-time and historical information that can support end-to-end management, operation and planning.
Why use Trancity?
- Mobility as a service: the tool combines, in a single panel, data generated by the Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure deployed in the transport system – such as GPS and cameras – static data – such as the description of the system in a GTFS database, among others – and the information provided by the cities themselves in other geolocated databases.
- Ensuring technological evolution: Make city public policy decisions based on information and insights processed by technologies such as Big Data, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, and Privacy Enhancing.
- Verification and adequacy of the service: Clear visualization of the demand of each bus line allows management to reorganize the transportation supply whenever necessary. Data-driven decision prevents over-clotting, increases system efficiency, and ensures that operators are able to meet the new suggested schedules.
- Sustainability: In addition to information on speed, flow and travel, have access to a detailed report on reducing the emission of pollutants from the local public transportation system. Fundamental topic to the modernization and suitability process of the fleet.
Benefits of Trancity
1 – Real-time data processing for faster decision making.
2 – Automation of the data analysis pipeline, generating quality-of-service metrics that can be evaluated over time.
3 – Collaboration with the public administrator in the creation of smarter strategies for its public transportation services.
Want to learn more about Smart Cities?
Discover the advantages and benefits of this solution
Learn how our Trancity and Plancity platforms can help solve cities challenges.